Lipton makes a splash in the global beverages market with tea-based drinks including leaf tea, infusions and ready-to-drink tea.
Making a big splash in the global beverages market
Lipton continues to lead as the global tea beverage market, making a big splash with a variety of tea-based drinks.
Keeping it green
As well as enabling consumers to drink better and live better, Lipton is also good for the environment. Sustainable farming practices, both within our own and third party tea estates, is vital for our future. One example of the many environmental and ethical measures being taken is the 'Trees 2000' programme in Kenya, which sees Lipton planting 40 000 indigenous trees every year to curb deforestation.
Lipton is growing fastest in ready-to-drink teas including the international Lipton Ice Tea range, the Lipton Brisk range in North America and a range of Lipton ready-to-drink teas in Asia which can be served hot or cold. Other recent flavour innovations cater to changing and adventurous tastes, for example green teas and the Lipton Fusion blends of iced tea and exotic fruit juice varieties.
- Tea is the world's favourite beverage, after water.
- Independent scientists also place leaf tea second only to water as the most hydrating beverage in the world.
- Lipton is the world's best-known and best-selling brand of tea. Lipton is the global market leader in both leaf and ready-to-drink tea, with a global market share nearly three times larger than its nearest rival.
- Available in over 110 countries, Lipton is particularly popular in Europe, North America and the Middle East and parts of Asia.
- Tea – half the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee.