More information on Customer Development
Pumla Siphamla, National Account Manager, South Africa
You’ll be working with a diverse range of customers; small, large, local, regional, global. It's an opportunity to drive your competitiveness and creativity to the test from day one
We have the ambition to deliver Unilever’s great brands to “More Stores that are Better Served” in South Africa. We look for bold wins with our retailers that are industry leading, driving availability and innovations to reach our shoppers more effectively. We look to drive growth for Unilever and for our customers through collaborative business partnering.
We focus on ‘sales fundamentals’ – standards that measure our in-store performance. In partnership with retailers across the globe, we are focused on brilliant in-store execution of shopper-focused category plans.
Collaborating with customers
Our innovative approach to collaboration is consistently recognised by our customers. Customer Innovation and Insight Centres (CiiCs) promote collaboration by utilising our global experience and knowledge, along with leading-edge tools and methods.
Our Joint Business Planning provides customers with end-to-end solutions, from product innovation to in-store execution..
Focusing on shoppers
Whether in category management, developing and implementing brand/category solutions and activities, or account management focusing on turnover, profit and market share, a Customer Development role with us will see you providing leadership in shopper trends, habits and behaviours.
Some facts about Customer Development
- We employ 171,000 people globally and sell products in over 190 countries worldwide
- 2 billion consumers worldwide use a Unilever product everyday
- Our top 20 brands account for around 70% of our sales
- By the end of 2011, 55% of our turnover was generated in developing and emerging markets
- Emerging markets now account for 55% of our business and 90% of company growth
- Customers choose to work with Unilever because we help them differentiate themselves through our unique activations of our numerous brands.