Graeme Pitkethly, SVPF Markets
“At finance we’re facing very exciting times. We are the part of the organization that has to anticipate, predict and guide the company ahead. If we’re going to grow the business at the ambition that we have for the company, we simply have to have the best people on board.”
We know that it is important to develop a vast range of skills and experience in Finance. We encourage our employees to explore opportunities that will help them build a great career in Finance:
Finance Business Partners embed best practice and enhance decision support skills
Accounting and Information applies information management processes to create value for the business
Expertise Services work across everything from tax, treasury, insurance and risk to investor relations, mergers and acquisition and pensions.
Full year highlights 2012
- Turnover increased by 10.5% to €51.3 billion with a positive impact from foreign exchange of 2.2% and acquisitions net of disposals of 1.1%.
- Underlying sales growth 6.9% comprising volume growth of 3.4% and price growth of 3.3%.
- Emerging markets underlying sales growth 11.4% now representing 55% of turnover.
- Core operating margin up 30bps to 13.8%; gross margin up 10bps, advertising and promotions up €470 million at constant exchange rates.
- Core earnings per share increased by 11% to €1.57; free cash flow of €4.3 billion.