Doug Baillie, Chief HR Officer
“THE PEOPLE AGENDA IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF OUR STRATEGY. WE REALLY NEED TO BUILD THIS 80 BILLION EURO TALENT PIPELINE AND THAT’S GOING TO BE THE DETERMINING STEP FOR US TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER THE AMBITION THAT WE TALK ABOUT.”
Our growth ambitions demand that our organization has a structure and culture that makes us fit to win in a fast-changing environment. Above all, we are required to find and develop the world’s best talent and leaders.
We know that an engaged organization is an effective one and that our employees can be passionate advocates for our brands and products. HR professionals play a lead role in helping us to attract and retain the right talent, develop our leaders, create a performance culture which respects our values and further diversity within our organization.
You’ll ensure the right structure, culture, people and capabilities are in place to foster positive working relationships and meet business needs.
Develop policies, processes, systems and tools that allow each business area to attract, select and develop talented individuals. You’ll connect with world-class external experts and keep us up to date with industry best practice.
Deliver and continuously improve services such as payroll, recruitment, pensions and benefits. You’ll also manage service performance.
Some HR achievements
- 86% of our managers are proud to work for Unilever
- We are the most preferred graduate consumer goods employer in 20 countries
- In 2012 Unilever was named ‘Company of the Year’ at the European Diversity Awards
- In 2012 Unilever China won the country’s ‘Most Women-Friendly Employer’ at the Women in Leadership Forum in Shanghai.
- In 2011, 128,000 employees were registered for the Unilever Learning Academy’s courses.