Imagine if your small action today could lead to a brighter future for this planet? Imagine if we could start to reverse the damage done and take measurable actions to stop the ongoing damage.
If the past year of crippling drought in South Africa has shown us anything, it’s that the threat of climate change is real and devastating.
The time to take climate action is now.
Did you know that, currently a tree may be safer in the city than in the rainforest? When we live in the city, it’s easy to forget the impact that forests have on our lives and on our climate.
The reality is that 36 soccer fields of forest are destroyed every minute globally. This is having a catastrophic effect on our climate and environment.
Unilever has committed to planting one million trees over the next three years to combat climate change in South Africa. This initiative will also help to create sustainable livelihoods for South Africans through the Wildlands tree-preneur program.
Thanks to the heartfelt pledges of South Africans, 252 477 trees have been planted toward this goal.
This Earth Day, we ask that you take a small action to make a big difference.
Help us spread this important message by sharing a post with the #SendASeed and tagging a friend in your comment.
Challenge your readers and followers to do the same. For every seed sent Unilever, together with Wildlands, will plant a tree on their behalf.
Together, we can create a brightFuture.
About Unilever brightFuture
The “brightFuture” campaign is intended to engage people, especially future leaders.
- We believe in a BRIGHTER FUTURE where every child in South Africa can grow up healthy and happy.
- Where healthy hearts and stimulated, confident minds flourish.
- Where no child goes to bed hungry and every parent has the opportunity to provide a warm meal.
- Where preventable diseases are prevented and every child lives past their 5th birthday.
- We believe we can live well without stealing resources from future generations.
- We don’t have all the answers, but we’ve started a journey and we invite you to join us.
For the past four years, Unilever has been committed to growing its sustainable business practice. It has put some definition and measurement behind ‘sustainable living brands’ – meaning brands that contribute to one or more of Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan goals and have a sustainable living purpose and has seen positive results in each of those markets.
Unilever brightFuture. See the Possibilities. Get Involved. #brightFutureSA
Small actions can make a big impact.