Impulse Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
- The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
- To participate in the Grand Prize, participants (and their selected travel partner) must comply with the following:
- Be a resident of South Africa;
- Be older than 18 years old as of 31 January 2019;
- Be available to travel to and attend the “2019 MTV European Music Awards” in Seville, Spain between [31st October 2019…] and [5th November 2019
- Be able to make their own way to and from the airport of departure (Johannesburg)
- Have a valid passport (at least 6 months remaining)
- Possess a valid Shengen visa or be available to apply for a Shengen VISA once informed of winning.
(The “Grand Prize Eligibility Requirements”)
- By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
- This promotional competition is open from 01 August 2019 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 30 September 2019. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- To enter, participants will be required to purchase any Impulse Perfumed Body Spray 90ml and enter a USSD environment by dialling *120*5676#. The participant will be required to enter the last 4 digits of the barcode of the product they have purchased.
- To participate, a consumer needs to purchase any 1 of the above-mentioned products and dial the USSD string as mentioned above. A consumer can enter as many times as they like, provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase. Participants may be asked to prove purchase in the form of a valid till slip, failure to do so will see a potential prize winner forfeit the prize. USSD entry costs 20c for 20 seconds.
- A total of R25,000.00 (Twenty Five Thousand Rand) in airtime is available to participating consumers (the ‘Airtime Prize’). The airtime prize is made available to potential winners in a standard increment of R5.00 (Five Rand).
- Entrants in Phase 1 will automatically be entered into Phase 2 of the Competition to win the Grand Prize of a trip for two to the MTV European Music Awards held in Seville, Spain on 3 November 2019, including flights, accommodation, selected meals and ground transfers (the “Grand Prize”). Any cost not referred to above, including but not limited to, travel to and from Johannesburg, additional meals, travel insurance, incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls, additional Spending money, or any personal expenses, do not form part of the Grand Prize, and will be for the winners own account.
- At the end of Phase 1, a shortlist will be selected from all valid entries. Shortlisted finalists will be contacted and invited to DM a 20-second motivation video saying why they deserve to win the Grand Prize.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable and cannot be deferred.
- The Airtime Prize is broken up into individual winners and is a chance to win mechanic, winning a single value of airtime. Airtime is awarded based on a defined algorithm which ensures that the prize pool of R25,000.00 (Twenty-Five Thousand Rand) is spread across the entire promotional period. Winners will be given airtime in the form of an SMS sent directly to their handset. The airtime will be made available through a USSD string, inclusive of a unique airtime voucher that the winner must redeem by dialling and obtaining the airtime.
- The winner of the Grand Prize will be selected by Viacom International Media Networks Africa (Pty) Ltd (“VIMNA”) at its discretion, on the basis of the video submissions received. If a winner declines the Grand Prize, cannot be contacted timeously, does not fulfil any of the Grand Prize Eligibility Requirements, or is disqualified for any other reason, further entries will be selected until the Grand Prize has been awarded and accepted. The decision of VIMNA is final and binging and no correspondence will be entered into. The selected winner will be asked to produce a valid till slip matching the entry as dialled in via the USSD string i.e. the product on the till slip must match the product barcode entered. Also, the till slip cannot have an issue date after the date of the entry.
Delivery of prize
- The Airtime Prize will be delivered automatically in the form of an SMS to the handset of the winner via the mobile number that was used to enter the promotion.
- The Grand Prize will be facilitated through VIMNA.
- A copy of these rules can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 151 141
- Failure to claim the Airtime Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 months will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Note: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
- The airtime prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
- Each entrant agrees that by submitting an entry to the competition, they hereby agree to be Filmed accepting and fulfilling the Grand Prize, if selected as a winner, and grant to VIMNA the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph them at, and in connection with, the fulfilment of any Prize, and acknowledge that VIMNA shall own all right and title in and to all such films, tapes, recordings and photographs and shall have the right to distribute all such materials (in whole or in part) worldwide, in perpetuity, via any and all media. VIMNA shall have the right to use and authorise others to use the entrant’s name, likeness and any biographical facts which may have been provided by the entrant to VIMNA in any and all media. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment if they are selected as the winner of the Grand Prize.
- The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
- In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
- Neither the Promoter, VIMNA, their agents, associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
- All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
- All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
- Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.