Impulse Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
- The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
- By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
- This promotional competition is open from 1st September 2018 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 31st January 2019. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- To enter, participants will be required to purchase any Impulse Perfumed Body Spray and enter a USSD environment by dialling *120*832#. The participant will be required to enter the last 4 digits of the barcode of the product they have purchased.
- To participate, a consumer needs to purchase any 1 of the above-mentioned products and dial the USSD string as mentioned above. A consumer can enter as many times as they like, provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase. Participants may be asked to prove purchase in the form of a valid till slip, failure to do so will see a potential prize winner forfeit the prize. USSD entry costs 20c for 20 seconds.
- Participants who win Impulse hampers and / or the grand prize of a trip to Disneyland may be required to provide till slips.
- Any Prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
- The weekly winners of Hampers to a single winner every week via an audited draw process (there are 16 hampers to be given away). The selected winner will be asked to produce a valid till slip matching the entry as dialled in via the USSD string i.e. the product on the till slip must match the product barcode entered. Also, the till slip cannot have an issue date after the date of the entry.
- The Grand Prize of a trip to Disneyland will be allocated to a single winner at the end of the promotion via an audited draw process. The selected winner will be asked to produce a valid till slip matching the entry as dialled in via the USSD string i.e. the product on the till slip must match the product barcode entered. Also, the till slip cannot have an issue date after the date of the entry.
Delivery of prize
- The Airtime Prize will be delivered automatically in the form of an SMS to the handset of the winner via the mobile number that was used to enter the promotion.
- The Hampers will be delivered to the winner’s physical address as confirmed by the winner/s.
- The travel prize will be sent via the appropriate channel to the winner.
- A copy of these rules can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 572 861
- Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 months will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Note: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
- The airtime prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
- The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
- In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
- All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
- All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
- Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.